As always, I was having a conversation with a person and we reached a point where he told me that the feeling of judgement led him to back off from an activity that he greatly likes.
It is not an awkward activity but “People” haven’t done it before so they think it is beneath them to even think of indulging into such things.(THERAPY)
I want to write about this because I, at some point, had to actively stop myself from employing into things that made my day but also made a case in the forever running court of the society’s mind where you don’t have a lawyer and so a say. The JUDGEMENT is punishment enough for you because you do not want to be perceived a person that you aren’t. You want to explain but you can’t. You want to be open hearted but you are JUDGED.
Do I care about being judged now ? NOT AT ALL.
And I will try to put a case across that might prevent you from restraining yourself in future :
- Judgement is Hardwired : No wonder people do “good” things because they fear the LAST JUDGEMENT of God. They judge because they are in a constant trial themselves. It is not easy for them to get their head around things that they think will make a case against them in their own court. But are you ever, in the near future or just EVER, going to that fictitious awkward place ?
- Wear the Judgement like a Cologne : My dad was judged because it was too much for a village guy to dream of being an IAS, My mom was judged because she was working without having the need to, my friend Shubhankar was judged because he was publishing personal vlogs (As far as I remember, a person commented “Tu hai kaun”), I was judged because well I can be judged on a lot of things 😛
I find all of these people to be happy and at peace with themselves because they did not ignore the verdict but wore it on them. Just messes up with the Judge, believe me.
- You decide your freedom : You can always put unnecessary restrain on yourself, tying yourself up with invisible chains, strings and ideas. They grow up and they grow fast once you keep including biases from everyone around you. Don’t let it suffocate you. Freedom did not come into existence because people signed the declaration. Freedom arrived because people believed in it.
- Life is short, Judgements are long : People now have tools to draft their judgements in an extremely lengthy way. Today, there is a keyboard and internet on almost anything you see and with everyone you see. If you line these judgements up and then sit on the fastest mode of travel that you can imagine (right now) to just browse through all of them, you will be standing in front of GOD with no original material of your own.Create a new data point, give the final judge something to think about.
- Judges have a very obscure view : There is a reason why it takes 20 years for a court of law to decide upon a punishment and come to a final judgement. It takes time to line up facts, figures and people. Everyday judges have an infinitesimally small amount of evidence, knowledge and time to get through with your case. Their judgements are no better than SUPW grades on your class 10th marksheets.
People need to have an opinion. People will have an opinion. You cannot prevent that from happening. All you can do is prevent yourself from being party to their court of flaw.
*Am i scared of being judged for uploading this ? Yes.
What should I do now ? I ask you to do what the titles says 😛 *
PS : All references to God and Godly activities are subject to truths as claimed by “enlightened” human.
A graduate from BITS Pilani, class of 2019, I am currently working as a Product Manager at Flipkart. I like to write about things that get stuck in my head. By writing I make sure everyone knows what absurd thoughts I have :P Thanks for visiting.